SwiftKey app developer analyzed more than one billion pieces of emoji data across a wide range of categories. Did you know:
• Canadians score highest in emoji categories some may consider to be more American (money, raunchy, violent, sports) 🏈
• French use four times as many heart emoji than other languages, and it’s the only language for which a ‘smiley’ is not #1 💝
• Flowers and plants emoji are used at more than 4X the average rate by Arabic speakers 🌺
• Russian speakers use three times as much romantic emoji than the average 💏
• Australia’s emoji use characterizes it as the land of vice & indulgence, using double the average amount of alcohol-themed emoji, 65% more drug emoji than average and leading for both junk food and holiday emoji 🍻
• Americans lead for a random assortment of emoji & categories, including skulls, birthday cake, fire, tech, LGBT, meat and female-oriented emoji 👭
Full report can be found here.